In 5 weeks, a 3 hour session a week, our Birth Essentials class will help you integrate mind, body and heart knowledge to prepare for your birth experience and transition into parenthood.
Through teaching, information sharing during group discussion, role play and creative expression, Birth Essentials creates a non-judgmental, supportive environment to explore your understanding of birth.
- Explore and face your fears and anxieties about birth
- Gain knowledge on Labor, its start and progress from different points of view
- How to work with your body to prepare for labor and birth
- Identify your own best ways of coping with labor pain
- A plan for your birth that helps integrate your birth team
- Information on common hospital routines, interventions and how to gain informed consent
- Recovering from birth, early parenting and breastfeeding.
This information enables you to have an open mind towards labor. Then you are in your birth and not at your birth.
The best time to start is at week 30 so you have finished the class by week 36.
Birth partners are welcome to our class. We can also have private class if you prefer that.
Image source: shutterstock.com