Apart from the fun, laughter and discussing other issues about pregnancy, here’s what we learnt about fatigue.
Fatigue in pregnancy is simply when ‘your go is gone’. It is common in pregnancy, and often leaves a lot of mums sleepy and guilty of being sleepy
In early Pregnancy, it may be caused by the fact that the body was unprepared for the pregnancy. The hard work of forming the Placenta and developing the baby tires the body. The hormonal activity may cause fatigue as well.
In late pregnancy, fatigue is mainly due to the weight gained by the mum and baby.
Here are some tips to Manage Fatigue:
1. Sensitivity: Listen to your body.
- It is okay to do nothing.
- If you have more than you can chew, delegate.
- Get help at the office and/or home.
- Sometimes, indulge in a ‘pick me up’ activity
- It makes it easier and less tiring.
- Helps beat procrastination and forgetfulness
- Keeps you active
3. Stay active: Exercise, move.
- Every movement counts.
- Simple regular exercises
4. Stable diet: Eat right.
- Eat a balanced diet, keep off the junk.
- Small, frequent meals are better.
- Drink lots of water, and other fluids.
5. Sleep well: Get a sleep routine.
- Naps are ‘first aiders’.
- Sleep early
- Use sleep aids like the body pillow